Dienstag, 21. April 2015

RAIN by HONE TUWHARE

Kia ora aus Neuseeland!

Hier mein Lieblingsgedicht des großen Maori-Dichters Hone Tuwhare, mit dem ich nicht nur die Liebe zum Regen und den Worten teile, sondern auch den Geburtstag.


Teich in Hamilton, NZ, nach dem Regen















Rain - Hone Tuwhare

I can hear you making

small holes in the silence
rain

If I were deaf

the pores of my skin
would open to you
and shut

And I should know you 

by the lick of you
if I were blind:

the steady drum-roll 

sound you make
when the wind drops

the something 

special smell of you
when the sun cakes
the ground

But if I should not

hear
smell or feel or see you

You would still

define me
disperse me
wash over me
rain



TE PARAPARA Hamilton, NZ



O'Sullivan, V. (Ed.). (1979). An anthology of twentieth century New Zealand poetry. Wellington: Oxford University Press.